License Plate Recognition System | Cybersmetrics – Sales, Installation & Integration- Panama City, FL
What is Automatic License Plate Recognition System?
Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) is a technology that uses optical character recognition on images to read vehicle registration plates. It can use existing closed-circuit television, road-rule enforcement cameras, or cameras specifically designed for the task. ANPR is used by police forces around the world for law enforcement purposes, including to check if a vehicle is registered or licensed. It is also used for electronic toll collection on pay-per-use roads and as a method of cataloguing the movements of traffic for example by highways agencies.
Automatic number plate recognition can be used to store the images captured by the cameras as well as the text from the license plate, with some configurable to store a photograph of the driver. Systems commonly use infrared lighting to allow the camera to take the picture at any time of the day.
ANPR is sometimes known by various other terms:
- Automatic (or automated) license-plate recognition (ALPR)
- Automatic (or automated) license-plate reader (ALPR)
- Automatic vehicle identification (AVI)
- Car plate recognition (CPR)
- License-plate recognition (LPR)
- Lecture automatique de plaques d’immatriculation (LAPI)
- Mobile license-plate reader (MLPR)
- Vehicle license-plate recognition (VLPR)
How is Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) system used by Law Enforcement?
Law enforcement agencies throughout the nation and around the world are increasingly adopting Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) systems to enhance their enforcement and investigative capabilities, expand their collection of relevant data, and expedite the tedious and time consuming process of comparing vehicle license plates with lists of stolen, wanted, and other vehicles of interest.
How ALPR Works?
License plate recognition software consists of complex algorithms that help identify license plates in various scenarios. Even if a vehicle is traveling at great speeds and visibility is limited, your license plate recognition software will work with your camera to identify the plate number. The database will be vast, but the LPR is sophisticated and can identify plates that are associated with warrants for serious crimes or even multiple unpaid parking tickets within seconds. The camera will constantly scan the traffic passing thru the camera in order to locate potential threats or stolen vehicles. It could be also used to enforce parking policy, work with your access control system, and notify you when an individual entered/left your lot.
How ALPR system used by HOA, Property Managers, Hotels, Condominiums and other private sectors?
In Panhandle, as top tourists destination ALPR system usually installed in condominiums main entry and exit to enforce parking policies, knowing when unauthorized vehicles are on your property assists management and security personnel with this task. The moment an unwelcome visitor drives past your security cameras ALPR will send you an alert. Use a more cost-effective and accurate approach to identify suspicious activity. ALPR monitors your surveillance cameras 24 hours a day, seven days a week and captures license plates. With this in mind, it could be extremely cost-effective solution or an add-on to existing surveillance system of any site.
What ALPR systems available on the market?
1. Plate Smart – PlateSmart ALPR analytics solutions for fixed locations and mobile deployments are trusted by clients in commercial and government sectors worldwide, because its software-only technology offers many significant advantages.
2. Open ALPR –Use the OpenALPR API and directly integrate OpenALPR’s leading license plate recognition technology into your applications. OpenALPR is cross-platform and can interoperate with a variety of programming language.
3. AutoVu – The AutoVu™ automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) system automates license plate reading and identification, making it easier for law enforcement and for municipal and commercial organizations to locate vehicles of interest and enforce parking restrictions. Designed for both fixed and mobile installations, the AutoVu system is ideal for a variety of applications and entities, including law enforcement, municipal, and commercial organizations
4. AlertVU– Focused on deterring crime in your community? Using the AlertVU License Plate Reader in high-crime areas or other areas of interest, you can multiply your force without putting more boots on the street. You’ll be able to better manage crime and disorder hotspots and help solve open investigations in less time.
5. GeoVision – GeoVision’s License Plate Recognition is an effective and low-maintenance solution to ensure the security of parking lots, which are prone to crimes due to isolated and unstaffed corners. In addition to providing high-resolution video monitoring and recording, the LPR solution detects and recognizes vehicle license plates upon motion or I/O trigger.
6. TRENDnet – Supports up to two cameras, recognizes license plates from over 50 countries, high performance recognition engine with low error rate, lighting condition algorithm and night vision camera support
For more information on License Plate Recognition System in Panama City, Destin, 30A and surrounding areas contact us today! We specializing in stand alone and automatic license plate recognition systems.
- Automatic License Plate Recognition
- License Plate Recognition Camera
- Plate Smart
- Panama City ALPR
- Law Enforcement License Plate Recognition
- Smart Security Camera
- Intelligent Surveillance System